Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thank you!

Thank you for joining me last night at Back-To-School-Night. I hope you found the evening informative and enjoyable! Tomorrow (Friday, September 24th,) I will be sending home the district-wide curriculum handbook, which is also accessible online on the district website. In addition to that, I will be sending home a hard copy of the kindergarten article I referenced in a recent post. This is a nice overview of early childhood education and the important aspects of kindergarten. Finally, I am in the process of drafting a "curriculum overview" which will hopefully shed some light on the expectations, routines and lessons involved in each of the curriculum standards, the programs with which they align, and the various components of the day and week which support not only end-of the year kindergarten benchmarks, but also the expectations and wonders of the "Habits of Mind" necessary to meet the demands of the well-structured, constructivist curriculum in the classroom.

No comments: